Re: How will the semantic web emerge

From: Darren Chamberlain <dlc@sevenroot.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:35:25 -0500
To: semantic-web@w3.org

* John Flynn <jflynn at bbn.com> [2005/12/13 08:53]:
> There will undoubtedly be several different mechanisms that will eventually
> lead to the widespread use of the Semantic Web. I personally think the most
> important one will be for typical HTML web site developers to "mark up"
> selected content on their web sites (names, places and other facts) as
> instance data of classes and properties of remote ontologies.

This reminds me of a question I meant to ask the list about a month ago,
but forgot.

I recently helped a friend launch a travel-related site[0] (not a blog,
per se, but not exactly not a blog either), and since it is all
original, potentially interesting articles, with a lot of photos, I
started thinking about how to present the site's metadata.  I wasn't
able to come up with much, but each article has an RDF version with some
basic information (only the obvious things, see [1] for example).

My question to the list is:  What is the best way to include, format, or
present the metadata?  I've been planning to implement Rdf In Html[2],
but haven't yet had the time.

(darren)

[0] http://www.casualtourist.com/
[1] http://www.casualtourist.com/articles/royal_gorge_colorado/meta.rdf
[2] http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/wiki/Main/RdfInHtml

--
Remember, any design flaw you're sufficiently snide about becomes a
feature.