Re: How will the semantic web emerge

From: Seth Russell <russell.seth@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:58:12 -0800
To: Asankhaya Sharma <asankhaya@yahoo.com>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
On 12/13/05, Asankhaya Sharma <asankhaya@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Everyone seems to be talking about what the semantic
> web will be like and how the applications like
> semantic web search will change the way we get our
> search results and supplement. But can someone tell
> me.. How will the semantic web emerge... The web is so
> large already that we cannot expect people to start
> making thier sites machine readable one fine morning..
> Are any projects going on which can retrive
> information from the present web and create ontologies
> for use on semantic web?

Well ... err ... maybe it won't emerge the way it was imagined after all.
But what is emerging, however,  is the use of folksonomy  and the
circulation of RSS.  People are learning how to tag and making connections
that way ... we don't need no stinkin ontologies.

Seth Russell
http://fastblogit.com/seth