Re: Formal Semantics of OWL + RDF + SPARQL + SWRL

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Formal Semantics of OWL + RDF + SPARQL + SWRL
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:36:07 +0100

> On 12/6/05, Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:

[...]

> > I agree that there is the possibility of allowing stores that have different
> > functionality.  I do not believe, however, that the current vision of the
> > Semantic Web supports a good way of providing this.
>
> Do you have any (links to?) alternative visions which would be more suitable?

You might look at

Peter F. Patel-Schneider. A Revised Architecture for Semantic Web
Reasoning. Third Workshop on Principles and Practices of Semantic Web
Reasoning. Dagstuhl, Germany, September 2005. LNCS 3703, Springer Verlag, 2005.
http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/publications/architecture.pdf

peter