SW/RDF Geo-related vocabularies? [Fwd: [Geowanking] geoRSS]

(attachment forwarded from a geo/mapping hackers list.)

I'm interested to learn of any RDF vocabularies that folk
here have knowledge of (especially backed by running code,
data, community etc...). There is, as some of you will know,
a small lat/long-etc vocab at http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/
that was produced by Interest Group collaborations (mostly in
#rdfig IRC chat sessions a couple years ago). Lately I have been
investigating the uptake of that namespace in the RSS scene,
and looking at Google's KML (formerly Keyhole, now used by
the rather fun http://earth.google.com/ application).

If you have an RDF vocabulary or dataset that has a mapping,
geographical, lat/long etc component (including place name
databases), do let me know, ideally in this thread of by updating
the public Wiki page at http://esw.w3.org/topic/GeoInfo

I'm particularly interested in hearing from any W3C Members
on this topic, and in collecting perspectives on how "lightweight"
(RSS-friendly) extensions might relate to more sophisticated standards
such as the  OGC's GML work (from which KML seems to draw). Mixing
geographic with other non-geographic data is one of the advantages we would
expect from using RDF; I'm interested to put that to the test by building
some demos on top of a SPARQL database. Suggestions welcomed!

cheers,

Dan

Forwarded message 1