Re: 2nd CfP: ESWC2005 - 2nd European Semantic Web Conference

From: Aerostatair <links@aerostatair.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:05:01 +0200
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>
Semantic Web is a very interesting sphere of research. It requires total dedication and deep knowledge of linguistics and computer science. Unfortunately, many of the researchers focus on one particular subject, disengaging themselves from the central problem. To my mind, this can lead to a fatal error in the whole research. Semantic web should be viewed in complex, not as separate yet interconnected aspects. We should build a proper semantic web program, which will take into account every single aspect of linguistics and web technologies, however this program will take months to develop and evaluate. It is not something that could be developed overnight. I hope scientists from all leading universities will take part in the conference and contribute something of their own.

Jenny Spinser

Public Relations Officer

http://www.aerostatair.com

1-800-445-0050