Notation3 Namespace "Timfoolery"

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:27:50 -0000
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>
Cc: "William Loughborough" <love26@gorge.net>, "Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org>
# This is a short test of an TimBL idea about using email Message-ID's
# as a namespace. He said that the mail being sent should include RDF
# (in either XML or N3 form) about the properties being declared. If
# you haven't already guessed, this is in Notation3! c.f.
# http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/Primer.html It just reasserts some
# FOAF stuff (for now).

@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix <#> .

:name rdfs:label "name";
          rdfs:comment "Name of a person";
          a rdfs:Class .

:firstNames rdfs:label "firstNames";
          rdfs:comment "First name or names of a resource";
          a :name .
:surname rdfs:label "surname";
          rdfs:comment "Surname of a resource";
          a :name .

:homepage rdfs:label "homepage";
          rdfs:comment "Homepage of a resource" .
:hasEmail rdfs:label "hasEmail";
          rdfs:comment "Primary email address of one unique person" .

# That's it. Oh, it also needs some information in N3 about
# who wrote this deeley:

@prefix dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>

<> dc:author [ :name
     :firstNames "Sean B."; :surname "Palmer" ];
     :homepage <http://infomesh.net/>;
     :hasEmail <mailto:sean@mysterylights.com> .

# Ta-da! I hope there aren't any mistakes... Now I can try to work
# out what the Message-ID URI is, and use that as the namespace
# for the classes/properties declared in this email...
#
# Kindest Regards,
# Sean B. Palmer
# http://infomesh.net/sbp/
# http://www.w3.org/WAI/ [ERT/GL/PF]
# "Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
#    - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.