RE: More On the Semantic Web (or: is RDF any good?)

From: Gordon Joly <gordo@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 16:48:56 +0000 (GMT)
To: Sean Luke <seanl@cs.umd.edu>
cc: Matt Jensen <mattj@newsblip.com>, William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>, Craig Pugsley <craig.pugsley@mimesweeper.com>, "'www-rdf-interest@w3.org'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "'semantic-web@w3.org'" <semantic-web@w3.org>

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Sean Luke wrote:

>[...]
> Let me propose the glass-is-half-empty scenario, which I think to be much
> more likely: network effects also prevent systems from being adopted.  If
> ABCNews.com were to *not* support a semantic standard, then I now have
> more of an excuse to *not* spend all that time supporting this standard on
> my own site. I think the right way to view the PNG situation is that it
> didn't take off like a rocket *despite* having no nework inertia to hold
> it down.  This causes Luke's First Law :-), namely quality is inversely
> proportional to popularity.

Browser support? As I user, I like PNG but my browser does not support
it. Is that it?

Gordo

--
Gordon Joly       http://www.pobox.com/~gordo/