RE: More On the Semantic Web (or: is RDF any good?)

From: Matt Jensen <mattj@newsblip.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:53:37 -0500 (EST)
To: Gordon Joly <gordo@dircon.co.uk>
cc: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>, Craig Pugsley <craig.pugsley@mimesweeper.com>, "'www-rdf-interest@w3.org'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "'semantic-web@w3.org'" <semantic-web@w3.org>
There is no network effect in PNG adoption, but there would be in Semantic
Web adoption.  If ABCNews.com were to support a semantic standard, I now
have more of an incentive to support the standard on my own site; I'll be
able to make inferences with ABCNews.com's content.

-Matt Jensen
 NewsBlip
 Seattle