Re: Translation of the Clreq document

On 01/04/2015 07:23, Angel Li wrote:
> I’m currently working on the translation of the editor’s draft of the
> Clreq document.
>
> I think it would be better if the translation is done in an open manner
> so that comments can come in while the translation is going on.
>
> So, what would be a preferred way to do this, hackpad, github, or other
> platforms?

hi Angel,

my vote is to stick with the current process, ie. translate in hackpad.
This has the following benefits:
a. no need to create a new document to work on the english
b. side-by-side view of the english and chinese
c. possible to still interact with the process
d. very quick and easy to revise the text
e. good notification of changes for others

in particular, i think it will save time, and i think that is important.
I think we need to push towards the FPWD as quickly as possible at this
point.

(Bear in mind FPWD is not intended to be anything more than an initial
draft for comment.  We will have the opportunity for people to comment
on the translation after we publish it. I'm worried that we may get
bogged down in discussions that will make it more difficult to meet the
schedule for FPWD, and i think that publishing that FPWD asap should be
our main goal at the moment.)

Also, bear in mind that i will use my native english (and my training as
a translator!) to polish the translation a each first draft of a section
becomes ready.

ri