RE: Revised Errata document

(this mail was still in my outbox, sending it again now, I don't think it
reached the group)

I have commented on bug 30179 (erratum E7).

While doing so, I realized that we may have made a mistake with bug 30173.
This bug is about adding a new error XTDE3086 for the situation use=required
of the global context item and an absent context item.

The thing is, we have an almost identical situation already:

* In a library package, the context item is always absent
* As a result, if we have <xsl:global-context-item use="required" /> we
*MUST* raise XTTE0590 (the spec makes this clear)

So, now we have two errors for one situation where use=required and
context-item is absent: XTTE0590 and XTDE3086. I think this is unfortunate
and I propose we fix that, for instance by:

* bringing both errors in line (i.e, retrofit the old error XTTE0590 to be
the same XTDE3086)
* removing the new error (i.e., instead change it into a clarification of
existing situation, which also takes it from Substantive to Editorial)

I haven't raised this as separate bug, nor have I reopened the original one
(30173) to avoid confusion.

Cheers,
Abel

E10