Re: Notes from London Workshop

> On 5 Jun 2016, at 13:20, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> please find attched notes from London Workshop. Also pasting them below
> for convenience.
>
> Jirka
>
> # Issues found during Mike's and Abel's Workshop during XML London
>
> 2016-06-05
>
> ## exselt is failing on
> https://github.com/Saxonica/Prague2016/blob/master/pack/graph-idref.xsl

I've saved this as test case override-f-026.

> Not sure whether this is bug in product or stylesheet is relying on
> things like lazy evaluation, etc.
> Further investigation needed.
>
> ## Interaction between default exposure and `xsl:expose` is little bit
> confusing in
> https://github.com/Saxonica/Prague2016/blob/master/pack/graph-lib.xsl
>
> Function `g:refers-to-self()` is not explicitly exposed by `xsl:expose`,
> but it's visible from outside because it has `visibility="public"`. This
> caused some amount of confusion between attendees, but IMHO
> specification is clear on this aspect.

Agreed. The spec here is complex but it's essentially a tutorial problem

> ## Saxon NPE when xsl:original() invoked and function overriden by
> xsl:override was missing in the package

Unfortunately I didn't capture enough of the circumstances that caused this and I haven't been able to reproduce it.

> ## Exselt `xsl:expose` wildcard was not applied to function which was
> missing `visibility="public"` in the package but was being overriden by
> `xsl:override`
>
> ## Saxon misculates on the above example

I've saved this as test case override-f-024 (which Saxon is currently failing). Saxon bug 2776.

Michael Kay
Saxonica