Re: ACTION A-642-04

I think it would be best if we stick to XPath 2.0 for assertions if possible. For example when we convert QT3 tests to XSLT tests it's useful to know that the assertions are XPath.

Saying that it's either XPath or XQuery doesn't really work because they handle ampersands differently; if we allow either we would need to define a way of saying which is in use for a particular assertion. We could have a rule that says the assertion must be processable using the same host language as the test query if people really want that.

Benito, I think that the use of has-children() was probably me, and I'll happily fix it if you tell me where it is.

Mike