Re: Done: ACTION A-641-14

On 16-06-27 09:13 AM, Robie, Jonathan wrote:
> Works for me.  MDyck?
>
> Jonathan
>
> On 6/27/16, 3:46 AM, "Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps it should be
>>
>> the pragmas' associated expression

Plural possessive is an odd choice. I don't think we use it anywhere else
in the spec. You think that's actually better than singular possessive
(where the extension expr does the possessing)?

If you really want to use the word "associated" here (which I don't
understand, but whatever), then what if we just said "the associated
expression"? Note that that's exactly what we do when we *use* the term:

     If all the pragmas in an ExtensionExpr are ignored, then the value
     of the ExtensionExpr is the value of the associated expression; ...

It seems understandable without explicitly saying what is possessing the
associated expression.

-Michael