Re: director's call outcome - republish as CR

On Wed, 2016-12-07 at 21:33 +0000, Michael Kay wrote:

> > Agreed.  The Working Group voted unanimously to progress to PR,
> > which means we declared that we have finished the 3.1 specs.  A
> > further round of CR is required to satisfy the process rules, but
> > nothing other than minor editorial changes will be made to the
> > documents now.
> >

> We need to be a bit more open than that: publishing at CR status is
> an opportunity for the public to comment on the changes we have made
> since the last CR; but it's not an opportunity to comment on changes
> that we DIDN'T make.
Right.

Well, people can comment, but the overall design isn't about to change
at this stage I hope..

There are always new comments and new ideas coming in, but XQuery and
the other XML specs are widely used in encvironments where a "living
standard" isn't appropriate, and a fixed version and strict conformance
are important.

I'd not be opposed to seeing a document describing experiences and
notes for a possible future XQuery, as long as it doesn't get in the
way of the train :-) Even if the Working Group closes, the language
itself is very much alive.

Liam