Re: Editors, pease run the pubrules checker

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 01:09:46PM -0800, Josh Spiegel wrote:
> Thanks Andy, updated list:
>
> XPath (2)
> https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/html/xpath-31.html <https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/html/xpath-31.html>
> * Previous Version is missing.

I suspect that it does not find the string "Previous Version" in a <dt>,
since our text is a bit longer. "Previous Versions" is accepted.

> * Required patent policy paragraph not found.

Our case is a bit special since there are 2 groups, but it may just be
that there's no rel="disclosure" attribute on the disclosure pages links.
Otherwise, try this wording:
<<
This document was produced by groups operating under the 5 February 2004 W3C Patent Policy. W3C maintains a public list of any patent disclosures (XQuery) and a public list of any patent disclosures (XSLT) made in connection with the deliverables of each group; these pages also include instructions for disclosing a patent. An individual who has actual knowledge of a patent which the individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must disclose the information in accordance with section 6 of the W3C Patent Policy.
>> with the same links.

> XQuery (2)
> https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/html/xquery-31.html <https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/html/xquery-31.html>
> * Previous Version is missing.

same as XPath

> * No valid HTTPS link to public list of disclosures (https://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/NNNNN/status <https://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/NNNNN/status>).
>   (link appears to be there)

It needs an attribute rel="disclosure" on the link (a element)

> XQueryX (3)
> https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xqueryx-31/html/Overview.html <https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xqueryx-31/html/Overview.html>
> * Previous Version is missing.

Same as XPath

> * Copyright string does not match requirements.

Copyright year should be 2016, otherwise it looks OK

> * No valid HTTPS link to public list of disclosures (https://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/NNNNN/status <https://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/NNNNN/status>).

Same as XQuery, add an attribute rel="disclosure"

--
Carine