Re: Delimiters for String Templates (the ultimate Bike Shed!)

Hi,

I think {{ ... }} are used quite a lot in other languages, so would
need more escaping from the user, which we are trying to avoid.  I
like how the syntax looks like with <<< ... >>> and {{ ... }}, but I
am not sure this is fulfilling the requirements (because requiring
escaping too much).  Maybe with an alternative for {{ ... }}?

On the other hand, I hate what @@[ ... ]@@ and @@{ ... }@@ look like,
but I am pretty sure they'll work in most contexts (precisely because
no one invented such an ugly syntax before...)  Also, both pairs of
delimiters might be quite hard to differentiate (the [ versus {, which
might look very thin and similar on some environments.)

Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/