Re: Outputting default values (Was: Re: Data binding results update for XBinder)

Hi Pete,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:02 AM, Pete Cordell
<petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com> wrote:
> I see from Ed's results that they 'failed' on LocalElementDefault because
>  they output the default value when it wasn't present on the input.  I'm just
>  wondering whether this should really be considered a failure?  If anything
>  it proves that they captured the default value rather than capturing
>  nothing.
>
>  Also, I see that that stupid float number is still in there.  I think Ed
>  must have done something to get this to round trip as I can't see how C/C++
>  generates a float of the form 1267.43233E12 (I may be wrong).

The way we got it to round-trip was to introduce a configuration
option that allowed the use of a string variable for these numbers.
That is all you can do.  EXI has a similar issue with round-tripping
from binary back to text format in the context of XML digital
signatures.  To solve it, the format has a "preserve.lexical" option
that specifies the use of strings for numbers in these situations.

--
Ed Day
Objective Systems, Inc.