data binding vocabulary for XSD

From: Rushforth, Peter <prushfor@NRCan.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 17:05:37 -0400
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

Hi,

I'm interested in the subject of this working group, specifically to
see if there has been work done on a standard vocabulary for data binding
from xsd to databases, and if so, what does it look like.

Thanks for any links or comments on the state of the art.

My perspective is to try to (not re-) develop a language describing
the linkage between GML application schemas and the source database structures,
such that Web Feature Services (an OGC web service flavour) could
be administered using that vocabulary.  I am interested in what exists
to date.

Cheers and thanks,

Peter Rushforth
Technology Advisor / Conseiller technique
GeoConnections / GéoConnexions
650-615 Booth St. / rue Booth
Ottawa ON K1A 0E9
E-mail / Courriel: Peter.Rushforth@NRCan.gc.ca