RE: databinding and date

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:36:04 -0000
To: <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

Hi Yves!

> As we got issues with dates, mostly because of dates that are timezone
> qualified or unqualified

That's true, but not something we can detect from a schema, as it's
more of a runtime serialization issue.

> it would be good to add a link to [1], as it
> gives good explanations for implementers and users.
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-timezone-20051013/

I've added a non-normative reference "Timezone" to this note in
both specs.

We have a non-normative summary table of supported types, with xs:date marked as N/A
(it's advanced):

http://localhost/2002/ws/databinding/edcopy/basic/basic.html#schemasummary

I propose we add a short note for each type, as some readers may be surprised by
the absence of basic types such as date.

Paul
--
http://blog.whatfettle.com