RE: Element/GlobalElementFinal patterns

it has to go.  JonC

-----Original Message-----
From: public-xsd-databinding-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xsd-databinding-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of George Cowe
Sent: 21 February 2008 13:35
To: public-xsd-databinding@w3.org
Subject: Element/GlobalElementFinal patterns

One of the examples we have for these patterns is not valid schema.

Pattern
   <pattern xml:id="GlobalElementFinal" status="basic" origin="ISSUE-89"
groupid="GlobalElement">
     <xpath>./xs:element/@final)</xpath>
   </pattern>
Example
   <xs:element name="globalElementFinal" type="xs:string" final="#all"/>

Pattern
   <pattern xml:id="ElementFinal" status="basic" origin="ISSUE-90"
groupid="Properties">
     <xpath>.//xs:element/(@final)</xpath>
   </pattern>
Example
      <xs:element name="elementFinal" type="ex:FinalAllType"/>
      <xs:complexType name="FinalAllType">
        <xs:sequence>
          <xs:element name="finalElement" type="xs:string"
final="#all"/>
        </xs:sequence>
      </xs:complexType>

The ElementFinal example is not valid xml - the final attribute on an
element can only be used if the parent element is schema.

I propose we remove the ElementFinal pattern and example.

Is this ok?

Thanks
George

PS most toolkits don't bother about this but any implementing XMLBeans
do.

E-mail disclaimer

The information in this e-mail is sent in confidence for the addressee
only and may be legally privileged. Unauthorised recipients must
preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender
immediately of the error in transmission and then delete this e-mail. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken in reliance on its content is
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Origo Services Limited accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage
resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this e-mail or the
contents.  It is your responsibility to scan for viruses.  Origo
Services Limited reserves the right to monitor e-mails sent to or from
addresses under its control.  When you reply to this e-mail, you are
consenting to Origo Services Limited monitoring the content of the
e-mails you send to or receive from Origo Services Limited.  If this
e-mail is non-business related Origo Services Limited is not liable for
any opinions expressed by the sender.  The contents of this e-mail are
protected by copyright.  All rights reserved.

Origo Services Limited is a company incorporated in Scotland (company
number 115061) having its registered office at 4th floor, Saltire Court,
20 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh EH1 2EN.