Minutes: XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Telcon 19 February 2007

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:37:06 -0000
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

minutes from today's telcon are now available here:

and copied below for your convenience:

                                        - DRAFT -

             XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Working Group Teleconference

   See also: IRC log

          Jon Calladine (BT)
          George Cowe (Origo Services Limited)
          Paul Downey (BT)

     * Topics
         1. Administriva
         2. Missing Examples?
         3. Collection
         4. Test Suite
         5. Meeting
     * Summary of Action Items

   minutes from the last telcon approved

Missing Examples?

   Jonc: we're down to the last 17 patterns

   <JonC> List of patterns without example: AttributeFormQualified

   pauld: I felt that as far as Basic was concerned, we're done!

   gcowe: I've been checking and putting them into CVS on Jon's behalf

   pauld: how do we know which ones we can't write examples for?

   jonc: formqualified is hard one to hit

   <JonC> AttributeFormQualified,ComplexTypeAnyAttribute, ElementFormUnqualified,
   ExtendedSequenceLaxAny, ExtendedSequenceLaxOther, ExtendedSequenceSkipAny
   ExtendedSequenceSkipOther ExtendedSequenceStrictAny ExtendedSequenceStrictOther
   ExtendedSimpleContent MixedComplexContent QualifiedLocalAttributes
   SequenceAnyStrict SimpleContentAnyAttribute UnionSimpleAndMemberTypes
   UnionSimpleTypes UnqualifiedLocalElements

   pauld: unqualified we can probably ignore, except I know the WSDL 2.0 test suite
   used them. Nobody in the wild does, and they're not BP

   gcowe: we can't really prove unqualified elements, without adding a default

   pauld: unless the default namespace is "" it's not a valid test
   ... at this point, I'm not worried about running the tests, but good examples in
   6/09 would be, er, good

   this example looks easy to write an example for?

   pauld: can't we add a flag to an example to fill in a default namespace

   <scribe> ACTION: pdowney to enhance the explode_examples.xsl to add a default
   namespace [recorded in

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-128 - Enhance the explode_examples.xsl to add a
   default namespace [on Paul Downey - due 2008-02-26].

   if it's elementFormDefault="unqualified" (the default), then you need a flag to
   switch that off in the generated WSDL/Schemas.

   pauld: I'll have a think about supporting these and other xs:schema attibutes

   jonc: last issue is the ExtendedSequence etc
   ... exploding into lots of separate patterns

   pauld: how do we know when we're done?
   ... want to be driven by the collection

   jonc: I'm prepared to do the work

   pauld: at this stage we'll accept patterns, so long as they don't make "Basic"
   ... i.e don't bu993r it up :)

   gcowe: gday, gyear, gmonth, are simple, but don't involve timezones

   jonc: it's all paul's fault - wanted to keep it simple as possible!

   pauld: *dunk*

   gcowe: .NET and others have issues for non-timezone instances

   <JonC> G pattern <xs:pattern value="--10|--11|--12"/>

   pauld: does timezone qualified make sense here?

   gcowe: yeah, looks fine as we are

   pauld: thanks so much for all this work!

   pauld: I'm still working on the collection, in particular annotating the schema
   with patterns detected. turns out to be computing intensive.
   ... will continue to work on this

   we hope to use this to drive patterns

   pauld: some sites, you have to sign up, in which case I've taken a snapshot, but
   that's member-visible

   jonc: I see lots of pendings in the report

   pauld: jonc, you need to push me to work on the collection!

   gcowe: is the collection report upto date?

   pauld: rebuilding, now ..
   ... ah, Origo are all Advanced! cool!

   jonc: list looking good

   gcowe: will add some more Origo schemas

   pauld: if you know of other schemas, let us know!

Test Suite

   gcowe: not been running it, waiting until we clear the missing examples list

   pauld: sounds absolutely fine!

   pauld: not planning on meeting F2F again. sounds fine?

   next telcon in three weeks time

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: pdowney to enhance the explode_examples.xsl to add a default
   namespace [recorded in