Re: Comments on test cases

From: Pete Cordell <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:09:27 +0100
To: "Ed Day" <edday@obj-sys.com>, "George Cowe" <gcowe@origoservices.com>
Cc: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

----- Original Message From: "Ed Day" <edday@obj-sys.com>

>> The only thing I have issue with is the float one.
>> 1267.43233765876583765E12 is also a legal literal for a float, but that
>> doesn't mean that it can be fully represented in a float variable, and
>> thus not round-trippable.
>
> Many data binding tools provide a way to configure the native language
> type that is used to hold a given data item.  In this case, the type to
> hold this item can be configured to be a string which would allow the item
> to be round-tripped.

Hi Ed,

That's true, but I don't think that's in the spirit of the tests.

The original test could be more honestly passed by setting the mapped type
to a double, but even that seems against the spirit of the test to me.

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
 http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/