Re: ISSUE-74: Relative URIs in targetNamespace schemaLocation

From: Pete Cordell <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:02:06 +0100
To: "Databinding WG" <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

Hi Paul,

FWIW our tool parses schemas that have been downloaded to local disk.
(Officially I guess we'd call it a local schema cache - or whatever XSD
would call it.  The user specifies the set of files in the cache - main
schema and those that are imported - and the schemas are compiled from
there.)

BUT... xs:include is slightly different and the tool works out where the
file is from schemaLocation attribute (is that the one I mean?).  Hence
relative URIs work for us better in this context.

So (similar to Paul Kiel's message) from our point of view, relative URIs
would be better (Basic?) in xs:include.  We don't really care what they are
in any other place!

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd