RE: ISSUE-68: xs:import of Schema 1.0 namespace

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:24:35 +0100
To: <gcowe@origoservices.com>, <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

Hi George

> Interestingly both the IBM and Axis tools report WS-I compliance problems with echoImportSchema.wsdl

> WS-I: (BP2102) An XML schema import element references something other
> than an XML schema definition: the referenced element does not have
> "schema" from XML namespace "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" as root
> element.
>
> WS-I: (BP2122) A wsdl:types element contained a data type
> definition that is not an XML schema definition.
>
> If we are going to be WS-I Basic Profile compliant then we need a schemaLocation.

Thanks, following ACTION-68, I've raised this with the WS-I Basic Profile.
It would seem that this isn't likely to be "Basic" given several tools
including the WS-I testing tools, reject it.

So the question remains, how widespreadly is this used, and
should the BP relax it's need for a schemaLocation (when the namespace
isn't immediately available in the wsdl/type) for this namespace.

Could the sameo issue also apply to other 'well known' namespaces?

Paul