ISSUE-89: block/final attributes on global elements

From: Databinding Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:40:55 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-xsd-databinding@w3.org

ISSUE-89: block/final attributes on global elements

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/89

Raised by: Jonathan Calladine
On product: Basic

Proposed Basic Pattern:

  <xs:element name="foo" final="#all" block="#all"/>

following on from previous issues in this area I think the above stand a good
chance for inclusion in the basic patterns as they restrict the advanced
patterns exploiting substitition groups and at worst will just be ignored by
processors.

Question is do we extend this to the other valid values e.g.

block="restriction extension substitution"
final="restriction extension"

patterns:

  ./xs:element[@block='#all']/(@block)
  ./xs:element[@final='#all']/(@final)

local elements can also be blocked this way

  .//xs:element[@block='#all']/(@block)