Re: ISSUE-58: anonymous complexType

From: Peter Hendry <peter.hendry@capeclear.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 14:12:10 +0200
To: Databinding WG <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

The wrapped document/literal style favoured by .NET and now JAX-WS when
doing code-2-wsdl generation requires the use of anonymous complex types
to represent the arguments. The message part of the request and response
point each point to a different element where that element contains an
anonymous complexType with a sequence of elements as its child.

This is a very widely used pattern and disallowing (or even recommending
against it) would, in my view, be unwise as vendors that support wrapped
document/literal will not be moving away from it.

This applies to ISSUE-18 also.

I would be surprised if any actively developed SOAP implementations do
not fully support anonymous types.

Pete