ISSUE-52: identify patterns with URIs

From: Databinding Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:37:26 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-xsd-databinding@w3.org

ISSUE-52: identify patterns with URIs

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/52

Raised by: Paul Downey
On product: Basic

Our working draft uses frag-ids to reference patterns by names, e.g.
#pattern-OptionalElement, #pattern-NillableOptionalElement, etc

These will change following each publication. Stable URIs could be generated by
our pattern detection service, someone wanting to assert which patterns are in
play, or in other contexts, such as RDF.

Proposal:
we create a stable namespace for each pattern, ideally without fragids for RDF.