W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xsd-databinding@w3.org > March 2006

Minutes from XML Schema Patterns for Databinding call 28 March 2006

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:58:28 +0100
Message-ID: <2A7793353757DB4392DF4DFBBC95225504BFE8BA@I2KM11-UKBR.domain1.systemhost.net>
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

Minutes from today's telcon:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/3/28-databinding-minutes.html

and below for tracker's searching:

- DRAFT -
Databinding WG Teleconference
28 Mar 2006

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Jon Calladine (BT)
    George Cowe (Origo Services)
    Paul Downey (BT)
    Yves Lafon (W3C)
    Ajith Ranabahu (WSO2) 
Regrets
Chair
    pauld
Scribe
    JonC

Contents

    * Topics
         1. Administrivia
         2. Status of Documents
         3. ISSUE-7
         4. ISSUE-3
         5. ISSUE-27
         6. ISSUE-26
         7. ISSUE-28, ISSUE-29, ISSUE-30
    * Summary of Action Items

Administrivia

<scribe> New member, George Gowe

George is from Origo an insurance vertical organisation

Origo has own mesage specifications

now running a web services adoption program and seeing issues with WS toolkits

Minutes from F2F and last conf call approved

Next f2f meeting ...

In Europe looking at dates in May

week 22 - 26th in Edinburgh is an option, it's WWW2006. Origo can host (Thanks George!)
Status of Documents

<pauld> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/edcopy/basic/basic.html

pauld: looked at similar styled specs

<pauld> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Mar/0011.html

pauld: this has undone work from Yves in the Basic Patterns docs is this OK?

Yves: likes the new format

pauld: new structure should help us write a more formal 'spec like' document
ISSUE-7

JonC: Very little discussion on list. Have we hit the nail on the head?

<Yves> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Mar/0005.html

RESOLUTION: Close ISSUE-7 with JonC proposal
ISSUE-3

<pauld> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Mar/0012.html

<pauld> schema with predefined types: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/edcopy/testsuite/documents/predefinedTypes/predefinedTypes.xsd

pauld: submission to the list identifies 2 proposals

pauld: which proposal do we want to put forward?

JonC: Like 2nd proposal as it doesn't 'lower the bar' too much but still gives advice based on practical knoledge to the schema author.

Ajith: this is very much language dependent

pauld: goes back to how do we quantify patterns i.e. 5 star, 4 star patterns. This seems to be an acid test for if we need such a rating system

Ajith: likes this idea

pauld we may struggle with a fine-grained rating system. Do we want a simpler 'warning' or 'proceed with caution' system?

<pauld> Ajith draws our attention to his validation tool: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Mar/0017.html

<pauld> ACTION: pdowney to make a combined proposal for ISSUE-3 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-databinding-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-30 - Make a combined proposal for ISSUE-3 [on Paul Downey - due 2006-04-04].
ISSUE-27

re Chameleon schemas

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/27

pauld: suggest we recommend that we only include patterns that specify a targetNameSpace. No namespace schemas tricky inside SOAP envelopes.

Yves: happy with recommendation as long as design consideration is included to say why tns is desirable

RESOLUTION: close ISSUE 27 with pauls proposal and design consideration as to why tns desirable
ISSUE-26

<pauld> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/26

pauld: another common gotcha

rec is to offer the basic pattern of elementFormDefault="qualified"

and attributeFormDefault="unqualified">

and only allow unqualified elements for empty schema

pauld proposes resolution as proposal

RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-26 with pauld's proposal in the issue
ISSUE-28, ISSUE-29, ISSUE-30

pauld New issues raised 28 - 30

pauld: split ISSUE-1 at Cannes F2F. will likely land in a conformance section.

pauld: please look at these issues and contribute to the list

pauld: will be cancelling mtg on 11th due to travel commitments

<pauld> thanks to JonC for scribing!
Received on Tuesday, 28 March 2006 16:58:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 18 December 2010 18:20:36 GMT