W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xsd-databinding@w3.org > March 2006

Minutes from XML Schema Patterns for Databinding call 14 March 2006

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:13:00 -0000
Message-ID: <2A7793353757DB4392DF4DFBBC9522550276F45E@I2KM11-UKBR.domain1.systemhost.net>
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>


Draft minutes from today's call:

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/3/14-databinding-minutes.html

and below for tracker's searching ..

W3C
- DRAFT -
Databinding WG Teleconference
14 Mar 2006

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Paul Downey (BT)
    Jon Calladine (BT)
    Yves Lafon (W3C)
    Ajith Ranabahu (WSO2) 
Regrets

    Anthony (Tony) Julian (HL7) 
Chair
    pauld
Scribe
    pauld

Contents

    * Topics
         1. ISSUE-12 - identifying a conformant
         2. ISSUE-7 - xsi:nil and minOccurs=0
         3. ISSUE-18 - Schema Authoring Style
         4. Moving Forward
         5. AOB
    * Summary of Action Items

 

<trackbot> Tracking ISSUEs and ACTIONs from http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/

minutes from 21st approved

pauld: Wants to use today's call to regroup and work out how to make progress with our very limited resources. Plans to call review blocked issues..
ISSUE-12 - identifying a conformant schema

Ajith: been thinking about a validator using regex / patterns

pauld: XSLT seemed to be what we were heading towards

<scribe> ACTION: aranabah to investigate using XSLT to recognise our schema patterns [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/14-databinding-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-23 - Investigate using XSLT to recognise our schema patterns [on Ajith Ranabahu - due 2006-03-21].
ISSUE-7 - xsi:nil and minOccurs=0

pauld: we have a number of issues waiting text proposals
... would like to regroup by reviewing issues and ensuring each issue ready for inclusion in the document

pauld: style of document proving to be a challenge, how do we offer advice without handwaving, restrict without profiling?

pauld: has been trying to enlist QA and other specialist technical authors as editorial assistance

jonc: spoke to QA activity

<scribe> ACTION: pdowney to cite list of similar /styled/ specifications [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/14-databinding-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-24 - Cite list of similar /styled/ specifications [on Paul Downey - due 2006-03-21].
ISSUE-18 - Schema Authoring Style

pauld: like a number of issues this one is blocked waiting for emprical evidence from paul / BT
Moving Forward

pauld: so we're blocked on:
... people's time
... style of the document, in particular advisary text
... writing detection patterns
... writing test cases
... empirical evidence with tools

pauld: suggest we concentrate on including the patterns for ISSUE-7 to demonstrate a "steel thread"
AOB

suggestion of a F2F in Europe, week of 18th April, Jon and Yves free, but pauld has a conflict
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: aranabah to investigate using XSLT to recognise our schema patterns [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/14-databinding-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: pdowney to cite list of similar /styled/ specifications [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/14-databinding-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 14 March 2006 16:13:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 18 December 2010 18:20:36 GMT