RE: ISSUE-9: union pattern for pending document

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:53:04 +0100
To: <peter.hendry@capeclear.com>, <jon.calladine@bt.com>
Cc: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

> This union will always assign values as xsd:string when binding XML to
> objects as xs:string will match any text value. The xs:date will never
> be used. At least that is my understanding of union processing.

yeah Part 2 says:

"""
The ·value space· and ·lexical space· of
a ·union· datatype are the union of the ·value space·s
and ·lexical space·s of its ·memberTypes·. ·union·
datatypes are always ·derived·. "
"""

So we can add other examples for this pattern to exercise other
combinations, e.g. "xs:int xs:date", "xs:long xs:language"
but as Peter points out, how many of these make sense?

Also, is having more than two types combined allowed allowed,
or is each allowed combination really a different pattern
- i.e is "Union" really too coarse grained?

Paul