ISSUE-62: Why would a pattern NOT be included in our Advanced document?

From: Databinding Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:02:25 +0000 (UTC)
To: public-xsd-databinding@w3.org

ISSUE-62: Why would a pattern NOT be included in our Advanced document?

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/62

Raised by: Paul Downey
On product: Advanced

We have a strong criteria for moving a pattern between the Advanced and Basic
patterns documents following ISSUE-61, but what criteria would lead to a
submitted pattern NOT being included in our Advanced patterns document?

An example to consider would be 'redefine'. Is it possible to abstract
'redefine' in a way likely to give developers a 'good experience' with
databinding tools?

It seems this is one area in which good input the vendor community and CR is
essential.

This issue arose from discussions at the Edinburgh F2F and may be related to
some of the points raised in ISSUE-1 by Vladislav.