RE: ISSUE-7 minOccurs=0 & xsi:nil

Pete,

>>  where ???? may be either minOccurs="0" or nillable="true".

or neither! (minOccurs="1" & nillable="false" the default) but either
way

 >>  <E1 A1="text"></E1> <!-- or <E1 A1="text"/> -->

should always result in a *content* (not value) of "" because
xsi:nil='true' has not been set on the instance doc.

This is what I took Sandy's mail to mean ( but help me if I am missing
something): that tools must allow null content in conjunction with
attributes. I think our experience of tools in the past has not always
been great in this respect in that, when unassigned by the code,
elements defined as minOccurs=0 may still be sent down with
xsi:nil="true" irrespective of  the nillable assignment in the schema
and not including any attributes marked use="required" (not that 2
wrongs make a right but this is doubly wrong)

JonC