W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xsd-databinding@w3.org > December 2006

Minutes: XML Schema Patterns for Databinding telcon 12 December 2006

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:22:12 -0000
Message-ID: <2A7793353757DB4392DF4DFBBC9522550A2012EF@I2KM11-UKBR.domain1.systemhost.net>
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

minutes from today's call are now available:

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/12/12-databinding-minutes.html

and are copied below for Tracker's searching:



                                   - DRAFT -

                         Databinding WG Teleconference

12 Dec 2006

   Agenda

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          Jon Calladine (BT)
          George Cowe (Origo Services Limited)
          Paul Downey (BT)
          Yves Lafon (W3C)

   Regrets
          Vladislav Bezrukov (SAP AG)

   Chair
          pauld

   Scribe
          pauld

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Administrivia
         2. ISSUE-2: test suite
         3. ISSUE-12: identifying a conformant schema
         4. ISSUE-100: LC: Basic Profile Compliant Import
         5. ISSUE-99: XSLT 2.0 terminology?
         6. Action Item Review
     * Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________________

Administrivia

   minutes from last meeting approved

   pauld: would like to change the way we work.

   pauld: suggest collecting patterns up and then addressing them all at
   once in a batch at a F2F in February

   yves: we could meet in Boston for the mini-TP?

   pauld: we could go to Boston, but not much benefit unless we hear from
   our US members and meet with the Schema WG

   pauld: propose we meet next week and then take a break until the 16th
   of January, then work towards a F2F in Europe week of the 5th of
   February. I plan to go for 2.5 days start/end times at convinient
   times around flights

ISSUE-2: test suite

   pauld: Vladislav sent mail about a TargetNamespace / xs:include
   issue,:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Dec/000
   0.html

   pauld: need more info, but looks like he's just encountered the
   standalone/xs:include issue George has been actioned to investigate

   pauld: made a start on a test suite page:
   http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/testsuite/

   Yves: still looking at the XMLUnit / reusing the code to check the
   fragment, seems hopeful

   pauld: plan to work a bit on the test page
   ... sent mail to various lists but had little reaction. publishing a
   report will help
   ... had some good informal feedback from XML 2006
   ... we were mentioned in an article today:
   http://www.infoq.com/articles/pete-lacey-ws-criticism
   ... spoke to WSO2 to get help on Axis2 testing, nothing back as yet

ISSUE-12: identifying a conformant schema

   Yves: will try and get the service hosted on the w3c site

   Pauld: will get the collection of schemas/wsdl report put up this week

   JonC: been running the detector on BT schemas

   George: detector works from the stylesheet

ISSUE-100: LC: Basic Profile Compliant Import

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Dec/000
   4.html

   discussion of BP import - is it valid?

   <scribe> ACTION: pdowney to build pattern and example for ISSUE-100 BP
   include pattern [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-databinding-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-95 - Build pattern and example for ISSUE-100
   BP include pattern [on Paul Downey - due 2006-12-19].

ISSUE-99: XSLT 2.0 terminology?

   pauld: explains issue, "node-set" is what we want, but XSLT 2.0
   teminology is "sequence"

   <scribe> ACTION: pdowney to make proposal for ISSUE-99 node-set
   terminology [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-databinding-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-94 - Make proposal for ISSUE-99 node-set
   terminology [on Paul Downey - due 2006-12-19].

Action Item Review

   walks through Actions, feel free to close off ones you think are
   complete

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: pdowney to build pattern and example for ISSUE-100 BP
   include pattern [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-databinding-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: pdowney to make proposal for ISSUE-99 node-set
   terminology [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-databinding-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 12 December 2006 16:22:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 18 December 2010 18:20:37 GMT