Minutes: XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Telcon 8 August 2006

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:43:54 +0100
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

minutes from today's meeting are now available:

and below for tracker's searching:

                                             - DRAFT -

                                   Databinding WG Teleconference

   See also: [3]IRC log

          Jon Calladine (BT)
          George Cowe (Origo)
          Paul Downey (BT)
          Yves Lafon (W3C)
          Priscilla Walmsley (W3C Invited Expert)

          Otu Ekanem (BT)
          Scott Wood (NACS)

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Administrivia
         2. [6]ISSUE-68: import of schema namespace
         3. [7]ISSUE-10: Mapping Element and Type names
         4. [8]ISSUE-12 and ISSUE-65: identifying a conformant schema / overlapping patterns
         5. [9]ISSUE-15: Null datatype pattern as used by ASN.1 and others
         6. [10]ISSUE-44: complexType extension of simpleContent
         7. [11]ISSUE-20: Extension of collections
         8. [12]ISSUE-44 redux
         9. [13]ISSUE-21: Inheritance of Collections
        10. [14]ISSUE-57: xs:include pattern
        11. [15]Moving to Last Call
     * [16]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 08 August 2006

   <scribe> Scribe: pauld

   working group welcomes Priscilla

   minutes from F2F approved

ISSUE-68: import of schema namespace

   priscilla: you couldn't do this for a long time (DTD weirdness)
   ... don't see much of a use-case, except if you're going to extend schema itself
   ... saw this in a DSIG schema also

   pauld: maybe we need to look at import generically

   <scribe> ACTION: pdowney to investigate import and raise patterns and examples [recorded
   in [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/08/08-databinding-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-58 - Investigate import and raise patterns and examples [on Paul
   Downey - due 2006-08-15].

ISSUE-10: Mapping Element and Type names

   pauld: still need to do some work

   jonc: could be beating ourselves up a little

   pauld: detection means i'm looking for a knifeedge
   ... do we close this issue as-is, or do more work to better understand the problem space?

   gcowe: haven't had problems in this area - apart from the bottom one or two in the list
   ... tools seem to understand reserved names .. maybe not an issue

   <scribe> ACTION: jcalladi to propose text for ISSUE-10 [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-59 - Propose text for ISSUE-10 [on Jonathan Calladine - due

ISSUE-12 and ISSUE-65: identifying a conformant schema / overlapping patterns

   examples: [22]http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/examples/6/05/

   gcowe: working on running the make on my machine, also finding it slow
   ... added patterns and examples

   yves: been working on the production of the basic document from the examples.xml and
   patterns.xml documents
   ... need to work on grouping, have an issue with table of contents

   pauld: we need to work on generating pattern uri documents

   yves: did we settle on what should go at the end of the pattern uri?

   pauld: would like an xref to specs, examples, XPath but this is costly

   yves: we need to think about what we would like ideally and make that a publication step

   pauld: before we move on, ISSUE-65?

   gcowe: my experience with schematron is this is OK in the way we're building rules and

   RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-65 with no action

ISSUE-15: Null datatype pattern as used by ASN.1 and others

   pauld: need more testing

ISSUE-44: complexType extension of simpleContent

   <scribe> ACTION: jcalladi to look at ISSUE-44 and ISSUE47 [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Look at ISSUE-44 and ISSUE47 [on Jonathan Calladine - due

ISSUE-20: Extension of collections

   pauld: we have three examples, Lax, Skip, Strict

   gcowe: we need testing

   <trackbot> restarting right away

ISSUE-44 redux

   <trackbot> Tracking ISSUEs and ACTIONs from

   RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-44 with no action, duplicate of ISSUE-47

ISSUE-21: Inheritance of Collections

   pauld: seen this generated by Java/C# tools, should be safe

   gcowe: looks basic, not seen any problems with this one

   RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-21 as a basic pattern

ISSUE-57: xs:include pattern

   pauld: can build examples for include GlobalStringElement, need chameleon includes etc

   <scribe> ACTION: gcowe to build examples for xs:include [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-61 - Build examples for xs:include [on George Cowe - due

   <gcowe> george: match patterns to issues (where not already done)

Moving to Last Call

   pauld: we need more text

   jonc: happy to provide introduction

   pauld: will work with jon to mop up our edtodo and outstanding editor issues

   pauld: keep up the good work - we'll skip next week's telcon and hopefully have something
   to vote on for two week's time.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: gcowe to build examples for xs:include [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: jcalladi to look at ISSUE-44 and ISSUE47 [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: jcalladi to propose text for ISSUE-10 [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: pdowney to investigate import and raise patterns and examples [recorded in

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [36]scribe.perl version 1.127 ([37]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/08/08 16:34:14 $

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Aug/0002.html
   3. http://www.w3.org/2006/08/08-databinding-irc