RE: ISSUE-34: multiple schemas for a single namespace

Thanks for the example George,

here, AIUI, there are two schemas for the same
targetNamespace, collected in the WSDL types section.

WSDL 1.1 says little on this subject, beyond:

"""
There can be multiple schemas associated with a particular
namespace, and it is up to a processor of XML to determine
which one to use in a particular processing context.
The WSDL specification provides the processing context here
via the <import> mechanism, which is based on the XML
schemas grammar for the similar concept.
"""

However, this scenario is explicitly allowed in WSDL 2.0:

"""
A WSDL 2.0 document MAY inline two or more schemas
from the same targetNamespace . For example, two or
more inlined schemas may have the same targetNamespace
provided that they do not define the same elements or
types. A WSDL 2.0 document MUST NOT define the same
element or type in more than one inlined schema.†
Note that it is the responsibility of the underlying
XML Schema processor to sort out a coherent set of
schema components.
"""

I think this is unlikely to be a good fit for the
Basic patterns document given it is (a) know not
to work with many databinding tools and (b) specific
to WSDL 1.1.

So I'd anticipate seeing proposals to include this
pattern in our "advanced" document, even though
this is more of a WSDL, than a Schema pattern.

I would be inclined to raise this to the WS-I Basic
Profile WG, something I'd be happy to do on your behalf.

Paul