ISSUE-12, ISSUE-35: identifying a conformant schema

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:07:53 +0100
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

> <trackbot> Created ACTION-34 - Find technique for finding schemas
> which contain constructs beyond those described by our XPAths [on Ajith Ranabahu - due 2006-05-02].

I asked a question on the schematron-love-in list (no archive)
and had a nice reply from Ken Holman who suggests:

"""
How about adding a rule at the end of all your existing rules
to generate a report for the wild card "@*|*"?

That way, your other rules (being higher in priority by preceding
the last one which is your wild card) will fire if the node is
"touched" by them, and your wild card will only fire if nothing else fires.
"""

So specifying our patterns as Schematron rules (groups of XPaths)
and building them into a Schematron schema with this catch-all
at the bottom should give us a nice validation tool!

Paul