ISSUE-37: more than one way to express null, empty or missing content

From: Databinding Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:39:58 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-xsd-databinding@w3.org

ISSUE-37: more than one way to express null, empty or missing content

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/37

Raised by: Paul Downey
On product: Basic

This issue stems from the resolution of ISSUE-7, and ACTION-29.

We provide several methods for expressing missing, null or
empty content:

- minOccurs="0"
- nillable="true"
- an empty string
- possibly a null type pattern (dependent upon ISSUE-15)
- others?

what advice (design considerations) should we offer
to select between these patterns. Does each pattern have
different semantics?