Re: ISSUE-36: Tool selection for testing of basic pattern assertions

From: Pete Cordell <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:26:42 +0100
To: <paul.downey@bt.com>, <Paul.V.Biron@kp.org>
Cc: <jon.calladine@bt.com>, <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>, <public-xsd-databinding-request@w3.org>

Original Message From: <Paul.V.Biron@kp.org>
>> What do we do about mainstream tools we don't have licenses
>> or environments to run - I don't have much personal experience
>> with SAP or TIBCO software, for example.
> Since SAP and TIBCO are W3C members we can always ask them to donate
> copies of their tools for testing purposes.

I'm happy to donate a license for LMX for this purpose (how many would be
required?).  Alternatively, if you come up with a suitable test suite, I
could run the tests here.  Or do both!

(BTW - you will need a C++ compiler to effectively check what is generated.
GCC or VC++ are fine.  FWIW, we use Perl to link our test environment

Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
                         for XML to C++ data binding visit
                         (or http://www.xml2cpp.com)