W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xsd-databinding@w3.org > December 2005

Draft Minutes from XML Schema Patterns for Databinding telcon 20 December 2005

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:57:17 -0000
Message-ID: <2A7793353757DB4392DF4DFBBC9522550276F17B@I2KM11-UKBR.domain1.systemhost.net>
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>


http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/5/12/20-databinding-minutes.html

Thanks to Jon for scribing.




- DRAFT -

Databinding WG Teleconference
20 Dec 2005

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present

    Jon Calladine (BT)
    Paul Downey (BT)
    Ajith Ranabahu (WSO2)
    Sekhar Vajjhala (Sun)
    Vladislav Bezrukov (SAP) (Observer) 
Regrets
Chair
    pauld
Scribe
    JonC

Contents

    * Topics
         1. Meeting Administrivia
         2. Status of Deliverables
         3. on databinding and programming languages
         4. ISSUE-1: Scope of Structures to be Addressed
         5. ISSUE-3: Mapping Simple Numeric Types with Infinite Value Space
         6. ISSUE-2: WSDL and the Test Suite
         7. Collection of Databinding tools?
         8. F2F Planning
    * Summary of Action Items

Meeting Administrivia

Chair calls for appoval for previous minutes from 6th & 13 December

Minutes approved


Status of Deliverables

<pauld> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/

Group is trialling use of Tracker for keeping track of group issues

PaulD ,Yves and Ajith volnteered already for editor roles

Paul will post blank documents to get ball rolling
on databinding and programming languages

pauld: will wait for Yves before discussing this potential issue


ISSUE-1: Scope of Structures to be Addressed

pauld: action for Vladislav to decompose issue and split into 2.

<pauld> ACTION: Vladislav to raise a separate issue for rationalle to appear in the Basic patterns for how structures are collected [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Vladislav

<scribe> ACTION: Vladislav to raise seperate issue for rationale [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html#action02]

<pauld> ACTION-1

pauld: we need to think about how we collect and structure patterns as one issue and describe rationale seperately



ISSUE-3: Mapping Simple Numeric Types with Infinite Value Space

Erik Johnson chair of WSI SWPWG has raised a specific issue over use of xs:integer

pauld: what do we do in this repect? Don't feel comfortable in restricting use of xs:integer

Sekhar: correct we cannot do this., but must be aware certain datatypes will not give us the optimum representation

pauld: suggests we craft some words aroud this area to guide rather than restrict

Ajith: question about what we are producing, is it a clear subset of schema constructs and datatypes that work well

<scribe> ACTION: pauld to write to Erik with proposed text that will advise on the value space to use [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - pauld



ISSUE-2: WSDL and the Test Suite

<pauld> JonC: thinking about how our documents and the test suite will be most useful

<pauld> .. suggest a standard way of generating example patterns so they can be easily wrapped in WSDL

<pauld> .. use standard namespace and element

<pauld> sekhar: do we host these tests somewhere?

<pauld> JonC: yes, not just a single (reference) endpoint - maybe implemented by others

<pauld> .. enables a databinder to echo the structure through a mapping

<pauld> sekhar: asks for clarification

<pauld> JonC: aims to turn examples mechanically into WSDL documents

<scribe> ACTION: JonC to produce strawman template for submitting examples [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html#action04]

sekhar: last time was making point that w3c is already testing schema constructs, but recognises this is focused on web services and tooling

sekhar, what is the goal for this group? to include all of schema wg testsuite will be a LOT of work

pauld: agreed and there are features that we already know will not give a good experience
... will wait to see what JonC produces as strawman
Collection of Databinding tools?

pauld: There are other groups that collect/publish schema. Is there value in us creating a list of these resources and tools?

pauld: doers anyone feel strong;ly about this. There could be a concern about creating something that looks like a registry.

<scribe> ACTION: pauld to contact schema working group and see if we can re-use their list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - pauld



F2F Planning

pauld: best dates for F2F is 31st Jan - 1st Feb
... cannot host in London, Nice is available
... participation may well be very low. Is there any value in having only 5 or so people for F2F?

sekhar: value may be questionable, might be best to wait till plenary

pauld: will talk with Yves, may re-issue/revamp questionnaire over holidays, please keep an eye out for it
... reminds group that next 2 telcons are cancelled. Next call is scheduled for 10th January
... AOB?

none raised
Received on Tuesday, 20 December 2005 17:57:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 18 December 2010 18:20:36 GMT