NEW ISSUE: Document's scope

From: Bezrukov, Vladislav <vladislav.bezrukov@sap.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:00:26 +0100
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

* Title: 		Document's scope
* Target:		"Roadmap"?
* Proposal:		to be discussed

In the given draft a section like a "document's scope" would make sense
for me with an overview as to what is:

(1) a list of common data structures which are covered in there
Currently:
- enumeration
- collection (for object, class, structure or record)
Q: would it be worth to further elaborate/distinct these types,
especially what concerns a "classic" data type like structure/record vs
object/class?
- vector (for array, list)
	- ordered
	- access by index
- maps (for hash table, dictionary, associative array, associative
memory, indexed table, keyed data)
	- unordered
	- access by key

(2) a list of common structures which are not covered and why not and
what to do with them
- pointers (data reference, object reference)
- semantical aspects
	- complications with binary data (?)
	- customizing data, etc

(3) what to do with "uncommon" data structures that I have in my
programming language
- for example in SAP ABAP language there are some specific data
constructs, e.g. field-symbol which represents a specific declaration
(as opposed to a type definition) being assigned upon another data.

(4) what to do if my programming language does not [fully] support the
mentioned data structure?

--vladislav