Re: XML Encryption errata updated; Call for Consensus and actions completed

Thanks Frederick and Group.

A question: Since the newest update to the W3C Process[1] will add an
"Obsolete" status, should we now Obsolete XML Encryption 1.0 in favor of
XML Encryption 1.1 ?

Obsoleting[2] does not do anything to patent commitments; it merely
indicates that the spec is no longer recommended for implementation, in
this case because we have a new Recommendation.

Thanks, and Happy New Year,
--Wendy
[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/AB/raw-file/default/cover.html
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/AB/raw-file/default/cover.html#rec-rescind

On 12/26/2016 10:49 AM, Frederick Hirsch wrote:
> The Call for Consensus [1] to add Errata items for XML Encryption is now approved, having support on the list [2] and no objections.
>
> I have updated the 2013  XML Encryption 1.1 Recommendation errata, adding E02 (with some corrections to the links and also a minor correction to E01):
>
> https://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/errata/xmlenc-core-11-errata.html#e02
>
> Thanks to Wendy for adding the E05 errata item for the 2002 XML Encryption Recommendation:
>
> https://www.w3.org/Encryption/2002/12-xmlenc-errata
>
> Happy New Year everyone and thanks your work on XML Security.
>
> regards, Frederick
>
> Frederick Hirsch
> Chair, W3C XML Security Working Group
>

> [1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2016Nov/0000.html
>
> [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2016Nov/0001.html
>

>> On Nov 30, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:
>>
>> I believe Tom is correct (apologies for the delay, this got lost in my mailbox)
>>
>> There are two errata to agree in this CfC
>>
>> (1) for  "XML Encryption Syntax and Processing" W3C Recommendation 10 December 2002
>> https://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/
>>
>> Add the following Errata item to the errata for XML Encryption Syntax and Processing [1]:
>>
>> E04 2016-12-09 (Editorial)
>>  In section 2.0 ‘Encryption Overview and Examples (Non-normative)’ in the XML example the line
>>
>> <CipherReference URI?>?
>>
>> should be
>>
>> <CipherReference URI>?
>>
>> (2) For "XML Encryption Syntax and Processing Version 1.1" W3C Recommendation 11 April 2013
>> https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-xmlenc-core1-20130411/
>>
>> Add the following Errata item to the errata item [2] (TBD to be updated as appropriate):
>>
>> [[
>> E02: Correct CipherReference item in Example 1
>>
>> Added:
>> 2016-12-09 fjh
>> Accepted
>> XML Security WG  TBD
>> Raised:
>> 22 Aug 2016 (link to this mail)
>> Class:
>> Informative
>>
>> Affects conformance:
>> No
>>
>> Replace "<CipherReference URI?>" with "<CipherReference URI>?" in Example 1.
>>
>> Note - the value is without the quotation marks.
>>
>> ]]
>>
>> Please indicate support on the list (a +1 will do) or indicate any concern. Silence will be agreement. Please respond by next week, 8 Dec.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> regards, Frederick
>>
>> Frederick Hirsch
>> Chair, XML Security WG
>>
>> [1] https://www.w3.org/Encryption/2002/12-xmlenc-errata
>>
>> [2] https://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/errata/xmlenc-core-11-errata.html
>>

>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>> From: "Tom Auger" <tom.auger@gmsl.co.uk>
>>> Subject: Correction in XML Encryption Syntax and Processing
>>> Date: August 22, 2016 at 6:01:51 AM EDT
> [...]

Strategy Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)