Emulating XML Schema in JSON

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:48:27 +0100
To: public-xmlsec@w3.org
Continuing along the same path that resulted in JCS (JSON Cleartext Signature), the next frontier is validation.
Although there are efforts creating schema support in JSON, I think they only apply to really complex system which may equally well use XML.

So instead I have taken a programmatic approach, where automatically instantiated classes perform de-serialization and self-validation.

Together with a parser that also notes if JSON data isn't de-serialized, you get a minimalist system depending on two predefined properties (@context and @qualifier), which in essence mimic XML's namespace and top-level elements:

Sample objects:
https://code.google.com/p/openkeystore/source/browse/javascript/trunk/src/decoder/test/decoder-test.js

The class factory:
https://code.google.com/p/openkeystore/source/browse/javascript/trunk/src/jsonparser/JSONDecoderCache.js