See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 05 March 2013
<scribe> ScribeNick: fjh
RESOLUTION: Going forward, post draft minutes on public minutes page rather than group-only Admin page, also upcoming meetings
RESOLUTION: Cancel 19 March and 30 April teleconferences
For three weeks, starting next week, Daylight savings time difference will mean call 1 hour earlier if in europe, please make a note of it : https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2013Mar/0000.html
Approve minutes from 26 February 2013
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 26 February 2013 are approved.
Discussion re plan to re-focus as 1.1 specific Recommendation track document. Process discussion.
RESOLUTION: Publish XML Security 2.0 documents as W3C WG Notes, including C14N20, XML Signature 2.0, Streaming Profile of XPath 1.0, XML Encryption 1.1 CipherReference processing using 2.0 Transforms, Test Cases for C14N20, XML Security 2.0 Requirements and Design Considerations as soon as editing and publication request allow.
fjh: suggest we create a new 1.1 document on canonicalization, not to replace C14N1.1 but to explain how to use it for streaming etc, sort of a 'profile' or implementation guideline
... assume rec track now but we need to see what we have and then decide how to progress it
... Jim would you be able to edit such a draft
fjh: can set up for CVS, also can send you ReSpec source
pdatta: sounds like a good idea to create a draft and then review what we have and decide what to do with it
jdovey: C14N2 is useful and would like to retain the useful information in this
fjh: will create new draft as starting point from C14N2
pdatta: perhaps I should take an initial pass
fjh: what shall we call it, you will will create new directory etc
pdatta: let us call it 1.2 for now
jdovey: sounds like you understand streaming in 1.1 and XPath so this sounds like a good start
... I will be happy to take the C14N2 to update to show my direction and then merge
... could be two separate documents and merge
<scribe> ACTION: pdatta to produce a C14N1.2 draft for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/05-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-932 - Produce a C14N1.2 draft for next week [on Pratik Datta - due 2013-03-12].
<scribe> ACTION: fjh to help Jim get setup with C14N2 source and editing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/05-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-933 - Help Jim get setup with C14N2 source and editing [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2013-03-12].
action - jdovey to draft use cases and clarifying material for new canonicalization draft
<trackbot> ACTION-935 -- James Dovey to draft use cases and clarifying material for new canonicalization draft -- due 2013-03-12 -- OPEN
pdatta: Jim looking at normalization not as part of signature
jdovey: can use without signature, useful generally
pdatta: would like to understand more about this normalization, can Jim share examples of use cases
... can write this up in parallel, so it is clear and useful
RESOLUTION: Published corrected "XML Signature 1.1 Explanation of Changes" Note, removing OCSPResponse : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2013Feb/0006.html
fjh: Ready to go to Recommendation, PR complete
... please review the acknowledgements and drafts, references to spot any changes needed
... of editors drafts
... timing will depend on Team, whether we wait for the update for RFC 4051 to publish in conjunction
<scribe> ACTION: fjh to share link for updating phone numbers for group [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/05-xmlsec-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-934 - Share link for updating phone numbers for group [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2013-03-12].
fjh: link to RFC 4051 update page: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-additional-xmlsec-uris/
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-931 Check with Jim D re use of C14N1 in streaming way.
<trackbot> ISSUE-234 -- Reference SP800-56A later in publication process if the latest version is no longer a draft -- open
fjh: not sure when this will progress at NIST, no visibility into timeline