XML Security Working Group Teleconference

23 Oct 2012


See also: IRC log


Frederick_Hirsch, Scott_Cantor, Hal_Lockhart, Bruce_Rich


<trackbot> Date: 23 October 2012

<scribe> ScribeNick: fjh

Administrative: Agenda review, Announcements

Reminder, no call next two weeks. Next call is scheduled for 13 November 2012.

Minutes Approval

Approve minutes from 16 October 2012

RESOLUTION: Minutes from 16 October 2012 are approved.

Last Call of XML Signature 1.1 and XML Encryption 1.1

Last Call working drafts of XML Signature 1.1 and XML Encryption 1.1 have been published


Last Call ends 8 November

fjh: I sent announcement to the w3c xml coordination group, the xml-dev list, the xmlsec open source project and twitter
... any other announcements needed?

Updated 1.1 Roadmap

60 day IPR exclusion period starts upon Last Call publication, so PR transition after 17 December.

4 week minimum PR review period

fjh: updated roadmap to reflect current schedule and patent policy/process constraints
... if we do not have any issues expect we can publish REC in late February/March


Interop Test Reports

fjh: I have updated "XML Encryption 1.1 Interop Test Report", please review for correctness


Are this and "XML Signature 1.1 Interop Test Report" ready for publication as W3C Notes (assuming status and other changes associated with publication)?

fjh: if these are ok I'd like to publish as Notes before next Rec track transition

scantor: I can look at the test report for encryption 1.1

fjh: unless we have LC comments or concerns during the PR review it seems we are on track to REC without much additional WG work, so we can focus on 2.0

XML Security 2.0

fjh: I sent request for review and interest in interop to xml-dev and xmlsec mailing lists, previously asked xml coordination group


fjh: perhaps WG should consider possibility of progressing C14N2 and XPath profile independently?
... we need to discuss on list

Action and Issue review


<trackbot> ACTION-883 -- Frederick Hirsch to review C14N 20 test cases document -- due 2012-04-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/883

fjh: I've been focused on the 1.1 publications and roadmap to date

close ACTION-916

<trackbot> ACTION-916 Outline timeline for completing 1.1 Rec and share with XML Security WG and PAG closed

fjh: no other open actions apart from ACTION-883 at this point


<trackbot> ISSUE-122 -- Explain peformance improvements and rationale, relationship to earlier work, document, benchmarks -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/122


<trackbot> ISSUE-234 -- Reference SP800-56A later in publication process if the latest version is no longer a draft -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/234

fjh: when we go to rec we probably will need to republish all the Notes to update the references, update all references at that time?
... need to check with team process for going to Rec in terms of reference updates

Next steps

fjh: for 1.1 we need to review the interop test reports which I believe are done and correct, then publish as Notes
... I anticipate that we will meet on 13 November to review LC comments (if any)
... On the call I suggested we may need to meet on 13 November to approve publication of the interop test reports, but I note we that we have already approved the shortname and publication of the interop test reports so we do not need to meet to do that approval, only if there is a concern.


fjh: we will need to approve transition to PR and REC I believe
... we need to decide how to progress 2.0 - either agree to keep material in CR state, publish the material as informative Notes, or to progress to Rec which would require interop

issue: update all references in all Notes and Recs when publishing final REC?

<trackbot> Created ISSUE-236 - Update all references in all Notes and Recs when publishing final REC? ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/236/edit .

<scribe> ACTION: fjh to check with W3C team on ISSUE-236 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/23-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-920 - Check with W3C team on ISSUE-236 [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-10-30].

Other Business



Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: fjh to check with W3C team on ISSUE-236 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/23-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009-03-02 03:52:20 $