Re: Key Derivation interop test results

IBM tested against Microsoft's key derivation vectors successfully.

Bruce A Rich
brich at-sign us dot ibm dot com

From:   <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
To:     <mnystrom@microsoft.com>, Bruce Rich/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:     <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Date:   02/28/2012 03:07 PM
Subject:        Key Derivation interop test results

We currently have the following on our interop wiki for "XML Encryption
1.1 Key Derivation using ConcatKDF and PBKDF2:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Interop#XML_Encryption_1.1_Key_Derivation_using_ConcatKDF_and_PBKDF2

[[
Test case 1: EncryptedData with content encryption key derived from shared
secret. Key derivation method: ConcatKDF (
http://www.w3.org/2009/xmlenc11#ConcatKDF).
Test case 2: EncryptedData with content encryption key derived from shared
secret password. Key derivation method: PBKDF2 (
http://www.w3.org/2009/xmlenc11#pbkdf2).
See test file directory
]]

I believe this testing is complete and we can add the following statement
to the wiki for these tests:

[[
Interop status

• Partipants: IBM, Microsoft
• Each participant has verified all of these files.
]]

Can you please confirm that it is correct and acceptable to add this
statement?

Do we have any other XML Encryption 1.1 test results? I believe the answer
is no.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia