W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > July 2012

Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 17 July 2012

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:26:39 +0000
To: <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <3E757BB9-0F99-4429-88EB-36A18F7E2A81@nokia.com>
Only Hal and I were on the call today, so I cancelled the call. Unfortunately I thought I had sent out the agenda last night, but it was in my Drafts folder.

Please review the material in the agenda and plan to have a call with these topics next week. I'll send an update to the agenda next week.

The big topic is the 1.1 roadmap and getting interop testing completed on XML Signature 1.1 and XML Encryption 1.1. Please send a note to the list if you have any tests or results related to the untested (red) material.

Once we have progress on 1.1 we need to look again at 2.0

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG



On Jul 17, 2012, at 9:56 AM,  wrote:

> Agenda: W3C XML Security WG Distributed Meeting 17 July  2012 Distributed Meeting
> 
> Logistics details and links to information at the bottom of this email.
> 
> 1) Administrivia: Scribe confirmation, Agenda review,  Liaisons, Announcements.
> 
> "XML Signature Best Practices" is now published as W3C Note, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-xmldsig-bestpractices-20120710/
> 
> 2) Minutes Approval
> 
> Approve minutes, 3 July 2012
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Jul/att-0009/minutes-2012-07-03.html
> 
> Proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 3 July 2012 are approved.
> 
> 3) XML Signature 1.1 and 2.0 updates
> 
> Updated XML Signature 1.1/2.0 editors drafts for HMAC-SHA224 and ECDSAwithSHA224, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Jul/0016.html (Frederick)
> 
> Updated XML Signature 1.1 and 2.0 to add RSAwithSHA224, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Jul/0020.html (Frederick)
> 
> 4) Test cases and  Interop 
> 
> ACTION-888: Pratik Datta to Distribute test case and result for testing XML Signature 1.1 HMACOutputLength minimum length
> 
> Updated XML Security 1.1 interop document, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Jul/0021.html (Frederick)
> 
> New testing completed? Inclusion of material in xmlsec (open source library)
> 
> Interop discussion and status
> 
> 5) Roadmap planning
> 
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2012Jul/0000.html (Frederick, member only)
> 
> 6) Open Action and Issue review
> 
> 6a) Open Actions
> 
> ACTION-238: Thomas Roessler to Draft proposal to add identifiers for ECDSA-RIPEMD, RSA-WHIRLPOOL, ECDSA-WHIRLPOOL to XML Security Algorithms Cross-Reference (follow up to ACTION-222)
> 
> ACTION-717: Pratik Datta to Document the Performance improvements with 2.0
> 
> ACTION-883: Frederick Hirsch to Review C14N 20 test cases document
> 
> ACTION-888: Pratik Datta to Distribute test case and result for testing XML Signature 1.1 HMACOutputLength minimum length
> 
> 6b) Close Pending actions
> 
> These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before  or  during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.
> 
> ACTION-887: Hal Lockhart to Draft text on HMAC truncation for XML Signature best practices
> 
> 6c) Issue review
> 
> [OPEN] ISSUE-91 : ECC can't be REQUIRED ; on [XML Security - General] 
> /2008/xmlsec/track/issues/91 
> 
> [OPEN] ISSUE-122 : Explain peformance improvements and rationale, relationship to earlier work, document, benchmarks ; on [XML Signature 2.0] 
> /2008/xmlsec/track/issues/122 
> 
> ISSUE-232		Clarify meaning of HMAC truncation	2012-06
> 
> Closed issues:
> 
> [CLOSED] ISSUE-231 : AES192-GCM missing in XML Encryption 1.1 ; on [XML Encryption 1.1]  /2008/xmlsec/track/issues/231 
> 
> 7) Roadmap planning
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Jul/0005.html
> 
> 8) Other Business
> 
> 9) Adjourn
> 
> Logistics Info:
> 
> 10-12:00 am Eastern Time
> Information on meeting times in various time zones:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone
> 
> Zakim Bridge:
> +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
> 
> IRC Chat: irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
> 
> Web-based IRC (member-only): <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=xmlsec>
> 
> Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.
> 
> Scribe Instructions: <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html
> 
> Liaison information: <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination
> 
> Publication Status available at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus
> 
> Roadmap at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Roadmap>
> ---
> 
> regards, Frederick
> 
> Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
> Chair XML Security WG
> 
Received on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 14:27:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 17 July 2012 14:27:15 GMT