RE: PBKDF2 schema in Enc 1.1

Hi Scott,
I don't know what version you're looking at, but there is an "anyURI" type on that "Algorithm" attribute in the schema associated with the 3/12/2012 draft. The "Parameter" element, as any element type without a Type specification, will get the "anyType" as you surmise (see e.g. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#anyType). I don't see a reason to change this as it is the default.

As for the wholesale copying, I agree. However, this was the decision of the group at the time; some people voiced concern over having a dependency on an external publication (see some of the thread here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0004.html)

-- Magnus