RE: Key Derivation interop test results

We tested against all IBM's vectors with a successful result.

-- Magnus

From: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com [mailto:Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:00 PM
To: Magnus Nystrom; brich@us.ibm.com
Cc: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com; public-xmlsec@w3.org
Subject: Key Derivation interop test results

We currently have the following on our interop wiki for "XML Encryption 1.1 Key Derivation using ConcatKDF and PBKDF2:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Interop#XML_Encryption_1.1_Key_Derivation_using_ConcatKDF_and_PBKDF2
[[
Test case 1: EncryptedData with content encryption key derived from shared secret. Key derivation method: ConcatKDF (http://www.w3.org/2009/xmlenc11#ConcatKDF).
Test case 2: EncryptedData with content encryption key derived from shared secret password. Key derivation method: PBKDF2 (http://www.w3.org/2009/xmlenc11#pbkdf2).
See test file directory<http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/interop/xmlenc11>
]]

I believe this testing is complete and we can add the following statement to the wiki for these tests:

[[
Interop status
* Partipants: IBM, Microsoft
* Each participant has verified all of these files.
]]

Can you please confirm that it is correct and acceptable to add this statement?

Do we have any other XML Encryption 1.1 test results? I believe the answer is no.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG