W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > August 2012

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 21 August 2012

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:46:27 +0000
To: <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <B106FF52-5480-44E2-B597-C40A20043CA2@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG Distributed Meeting 21 August  2012 Distributed Meeting

Logistics details and links to information at the bottom of this email.

1) Administrivia: Scribe confirmation, Agenda review,  Liaisons, Announcements.

2) Minutes Approval

Approve minutes, 14 August 2012


Proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 14 August 2012 are approved.

3) PAG Update

Update on PAG status

4) XML Encryption RSA v1.5

CfC out to change RSA 1.5 from Required to Optional: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/0019.html

Concludes 28 August, please respond on list.  A number of +1's so far.

5) "XML Security Algorithm Cross-Reference"

Brought "XML Security Algorithm Cross-Reference" up to date, many changes. Please review.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/0022.html (Frederick)

Plan to publish updated WD in conjunction with LC publications.

6) XML Signature 1.1 Interop

Updated "XML Signature 1.1  Interop Test Report" to record completion of  SHA-224 interop, HMAC Output Length; editorial cleanup.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/0017.html (Frederick)

7) Roadmap

7a) Items planned to be removed from XML Signature 1.1 at end of August:  OCSPResponse, X509Digest; DEREncodedKeyValue, KeyInfoReference

7b) Items planned to be removed from XML Encryption 1.1 at end of August: AES-128/192/256-pad Symmetric Key Wrap, Key Agreement (ECDH, DH)

7c) Formatting issue for schema/examples in XML Signature 1.1 introduced with ReSpec v3 change

Next steps

8) Open Action and Issue review

8a) Open Actions

ACTION-238: Thomas Roessler to Draft proposal to add identifiers for ECDSA-RIPEMD, RSA-WHIRLPOOL, ECDSA-WHIRLPOOL to XML Security Algorithms Cross-Reference (follow up to ACTION-222)

ACTION-717: Pratik Datta to Document the Performance improvements with 2.0

ACTION-883: Frederick Hirsch to Review C14N 20 test cases document

ACTION-892		Check on adding KeyInfoReference	Pratik Datta	2012-07-31	

ACTION-897		Confirm whether two implementations from one author are ok for DEREncodedKeyValue and KeyInfoReference specifically	Thomas Roessler

8b) Close Pending actions

These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before  or  during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.

ACTION-890		Check with team whether CR draft can have features marked as at risk during CR without an additional LC cycle	Thomas Roessler	2012-07-31	

ACTION-891		Put SHA-224 test cases and results for interop into CVS	Pratik Datta	2012-07-31	

ACTION-893		Check on AES-128-GCM interop test	Magnus Nystrom	2012-07-31	

ACTION-894		Discuss with team and director process issues about Signature 1.1/Encryption 1.1 to rec with some optional URIs for algorithms that do not have 2 implementations	Thomas Roessler	2012-08-31	

ACTION-895		Send CfC to list to close out interop on RSA-OAEP key transport as we have it for one MGF function, question is that enough	Frederick Hirsch	2012-07-31	

ACTION-896		Share AES-128-GCM on list and add to the test cases document	Frederick Hirsch	2012-08-21	

ACTION-898		Draft proposal and CfC on list to change algorithm requirement for RSA v1.5	Frederick Hirsch

8c) Issue review

[OPEN] ISSUE-91 : ECC can't be REQUIRED ; on [XML Security - General] 

[OPEN] ISSUE-122 : Explain peformance improvements and rationale, relationship to earlier work, document, benchmarks ; on [XML Signature 2.0] 

9) Other Business

10) Adjourn

Logistics Info:

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')

IRC Chat: irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec

Web-based IRC (member-only): <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=xmlsec>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Scribe Instructions: <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

Liaison information: <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Publication Status available at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus

Roadmap at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Roadmap>

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 20 August 2012 20:46:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:55:18 UTC