Re: XML Signature 1.1 and XML Encryption 1.1 interop testing

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:24:08 +0000
To: <cemartin@mitre.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, <public-xmlsec@w3.org>, <tlr@w3.org>, <xmlsec@aleksey.com>
Cynthia

As far as I know the PAG has not reached any recommendation or conclusion yet. Once a conclusion is reached it should be made public.

That said, I think you are referring to RFC 6090 which we reference from XML Signature 1.1. This RFC says in section 7.2 "KT-I is mathematically and functionally equivalent to ECDSA".

Are you asking whether this statement requires verification through interop testing? If so, that is probably a question for the RFC authors, but if the specifications are mathematically equivalent I'm not sure why it would be necessary.

[1] ECC-ALGS, http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6090.txt